Monday, September 3, 2007 by Michael
* 1 pound ground meat (better combination of turkey and beef 60%,40%)
* 1/2 small orange
* 1 piece peeled ginger(1/2-inch in length)
* 3 fresh jalapeño chiles, stemmed and seeded
* 2 peeled cloves garlic
* 2 trimmed green onions
* 2 teaspoons allspice
* 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* Nutmeg (little less than 1/4 teaspoon)
* 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed thyme
* 2 teaspoons brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon dried bread crumbs
Personalize & Send This As Ecard
More Labor Day Birthday Comments Here
Step 1- Peel of one tablespoon of orange zest from the orange skin.
Step 2- Finely chop the orange zest, ginger, jalapeños, garlic and green onions in formed in a food processor to make it a paste.
Step 3- Add the juice from the orange half and the Worcestershire sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, brown sugar and thyme. Mix it well to.
Step 4- Place the bread crumbs and the meat in a mixing bowl and add the the blended mixture and mix it well into the ground meat.
Step5- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and cover and refrigerate for an hour to allow the flavors to blend. The patties will also get to firmed by this time.
Step 6-Form the meat into patties and rub the outer part of the patties with the olive oil and soy sauce.
Step 7- Grill it until the smell comes and the thing turns golden brown.
This serves four. Serve as you would any burger, with condiments, buns and lettuce etc